Earlier this year I discovered the macro function on my camera. I fell in love!
I love seeing things up close. The beauty of the little things from everyday life gets magnified. These little objects that are so often overlooked finally get a chance to shine.
I wish everyone had the time to look at these little wonders up close. It always makes me remember that beauty is all around us… We just need to take the time to look.
These first ones were taken while walking around my neighborhood with my boys. I think passers-by were looking at me quite strangely as I stopped to photograph various plants along my way.
The next 2 were taken when we were at Phillip Island for the World Superbikes back in February. It was summer and we were sitting outside on the grass having a beer later in the afternoon.
I noticed these tiny flowers buried deep in the grass. They were so small that you would never have noticed them unless you were staring intently at the grass (which I was… that may have been thanks to the beer).
They deserved a chance to be seen.
Remember to add your “Close” photos. See http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2012/06/15/weekly-photo-challenge-close/ for details.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Close (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Close (beyondpaisley.net)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Close (thekindnesskronicles.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Close (beijingcityphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Close (knitreadclick.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Close (buluabu.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Close (thesacredcave.com)